I’ve been nominated for the Outstanding Blogger Award! This is the first time someone has actually tagged me to do a tag, so I’m pretty much over the moon about this. Thank you so much to Emily @ Frappes and Fiction for the nomination! Emily’s book reviews are always so thoughtful and insightful, and I get excited every time she posts new content, so be sure to check out her blog!
- Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (very important: see why in step 5)
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
What is the best book you’ve read this year?
It’s hard to narrow it down to one, so I’ll go with two of my 5-star reads from this year so far: The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep by H. G. Parry and All American Boys by Jason Reynolds & Brendan Kiely.
Have you picked up any new hobbies over quarantine?
Well, for starters, I finally got to start the book blog I’d always dreamed of! I also get to obsess over books and Broadway show tunes daily, though that’s hardly new.
What is your favorite month of the year?
September! Or October! Or November! Or… December? Sorry, I just love all the fall months of the year 😂
Do you prefer fast or slow-paced books?
Slow-paced books, all the way. Personally, I find that the character development is the make-or-break for any book I read. Slow-paced books tend to pull this off better, although there are definitely some amazing character-centered fast-paced books out there.
Do you like poetry?
Sure, although I lean toward the classics rather than more modern poetry.
Is the book always better than the movie?
Ninety-nine percent of the time, yes. But there are definitely exceptions.
What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?
Book reviews! I love organizing my thoughts about a book into nicely formed paragraphs and introducing books I enjoy to other people!
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is a popular trope in books that you can’t stand?
- What’s the most recent book that you rated 5 stars?
- Do you like rainy days?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Do you have a pet?
- What is your favorite genre of music to listen to?
Julie @ One Book More
Blue @ A Blonde, A Book, And A Blanket
Sara @ The Bibliophagist
Aria @ Book Nook Bits
Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
Emme @ A Literary Latte
Dani @ Literary Lion
Lauren @ twenty-seven letters
Alexandra @ Reading by Starlight
Sarah @ Bookish Rantings
That’s it for today; I hope you enjoyed my answers! Chat with me in the comments — do you prefer fast-paced or slow-paced books? What’s your favorite month of the year?
Thanks for reading!