Dear author or publisher—I’m honored that you are considering me to review your book! Truly, thank you so much! But before you reach out to me, I’d greatly appreciate it if you took the time to read through this page. Please follow the steps to see if your book meets all of my criteria.
I am currently NOT accepting copies of books for review.
Step 1: Know What You’re Getting Into
- I reserve the right to accept or decline review requests at my own discretion.
- I accept both general review copies and ARCs.
- I only accept e-books and audiobooks for review.
- I rate books on a scale of 1-5 stars. Please see this page for more details on my rating system.
- My reviews will always be honest. This means that receiving a free review copy does not automatically equate to a positive review.
- If I receive a free review copy, I will always place a short disclaimer within my review that reads: Thank you so much to the author for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
- Reviews will usually be spoiler-free. If I feel a need to include spoilers with my thoughts, they will always be clearly marked and/or placed in a dropdown.
- I will never ask to be compensated for a review, and will respectfully refuse if you offer to do so for whatever reason.
- I publish reviews on my blog only.
Step 2: Decide if I’m the Right Reader for Your Book
The book should be written in (or translated into) English.
- Young adult
I accept books from the following genres:
- Science fiction
- Contemporary fiction
- Historical fiction
- General fiction
- Christian fiction
I will not accept books from the following genres:
- Paranormal/urban fantasy
The following is a list of some additional things I love to read about:
- BIPOC (especially Asian-American) representation
- Political intrigue
- Retellings of any kind
- Complicated sibling bonds
Step 3: Contact Me!
If you’ve read through all the above and have concluded that I am the right reader for your book, you can now feel free to contact me. Here are some things I’d like for you to include in your review request:
- Release date
- Page count
Additionally, please specify if you have a review deadline in mind. Without a deadline, I will still try my best to review the book within a reasonable time frame (around 2 months), but I cannot make any guarantees. Please note that I am a current high school student with full-time commitments and my personal/school life will always come first.
Here is the link to my contact page. You can also reach out to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read through my review policy. I look forward to hearing from you!